It’s only natural that as our loved ones age, more assistance may be required in performing basic daily chores such as cooking, light housekeeping, bathing and grooming. While seniors may recognize that some help is needed, the majority of older adults shun the thought of living in an institutionalized setting such as a nursing home. When given the option, seniors give 5 reasons as to why they prefer the quality Clearwater Home care.
- Independence and Dignity – Living at home allows seniors to retain the maximum amount of personal independence and dignity. Continuing to live in the home where a senior may have spent most of their adult life and that contains happy memories offers the least restrictive environment for them to spend their senior years.
- Safety – Care provided by experienced live-in caregivers helps to minimize or eliminate the risk of infection that often accompanies living in institutional nursing home settings. Having in-home care also prevents seniors from overextending themselves and possibly experiencing trips and falls that might require long-term hospitalization.
- Personalized Care – With home care, the needs of each senior client is tailored to their specific circumstances whether they require help bathing and dressing, transportation to and from doctor’s appointments, or simply need assistance preparing nutritional meals on a regular basis. Care can even be scheduled for companionship to help minimize feelings of loneliness and depression.
- Peace of Mind – With part-time or 24/7 live-in care in Clearwater, seniors and their families are able to enjoy peace of mind. Seniors no longer feel like they are a burden to their children or other relatives who already have their own family responsibilities keeping them busy and families can rest assured that their loved one is in caring and professional hands.
- Quality of Life – Most seniors report that their quality of life improves dramatically when provided with personalized in-home assistance. The aches and pains of chronic illness are better managed, injuries are tended to early and can thus heal more quickly, and they feel psychologically more positive about the aging process.
With help from a professional home caregiver, seniors are able to maintain their independence and regular routines in a safe home environment. Provide your aging loved one with the care they need and deserve and contact Home Care Assistance of Tampa Bay today. Our Care Managers are on call 24/7 to answer your questions and can help you schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. Call 727-330-7862 – we look forward to hearing from you!